Data that we collect
We may collect various pieces of information if you seek to place an order for a product with us on the Site.
We collect and store your data for processing your purchase on the Site and any possible later claims, and to provide you with our services. We may collect personal information including, but not limited to, your title, name, gender, date of birth, email address, postal address, delivery address (if different), telephone number, mobile number, fax number, payment details, payment card details or bank account details.
We will use the information you provide to enable us to process your orders and to provide you with the services and information offered through our website and which you request. Further, we will use the information you provide to administer your account with us; verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you make online; audit the downloading of data from our website; improve the layout and/or content of the pages of our website and customize them for users; identify visitors on our website; carry out research on our users’ demographics; send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including information about our products and services, provided you have indicated that you have not objected to being contacted for these purposes. Subject to obtaining your permission, we may contact you by email with details of other products and services. If you choose not to receive any marketing communications from us, you can decline at any time.
We may pass your name and address on to a third party in order to make delivery of the product to you (for example to our suppliers).
All payments that are made through the Site will be processed by our relevant agent. You must only submit to us or our Agent or the Site information that is accurate and not misleading and you must keep it up to date and inform us of changes. Your actual order details may be stored with us but for security reasons cannot be brought back directly by us. However, you may access this information by logging into your account on the Site. Here you can view the details of your orders that have been completed, those that are open and those that are shortly to be sent and administer your address details, bank details and any newsletter to which you may have subscribed. You undertake to treat the personal access data confidentially and not make it available to unauthorized third parties. We cannot assume any liability for misuse of passwords unless this misuse is our fault.
If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers.
Other uses of your personal information
We may use your personal details for opinion and market research. Your information is anonymous and will only be used for statistical purposes. You can choose to opt out of this at any time.
We may further make anonymous data about users of the Site generally and use it for various purposes, including ascertaining the general location of the users and usage of certain aspects of the Site or a link contained in an email to those registered to receive them, and supplying that anonymous data to third parties such as publishers. However, that anonymous data will not be capable of identifying you personally.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone’s rights, property or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We may also share your personal information with:
- Third parties to provide joint content and services (like registration, transactions and customer support), to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies, and to guide decisions about their products, services and communications. These third parties will use this information to send you marketing communications ONLY AND ONLY if you’ve requested their services.
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as fraud investigations, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs and customer support).
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
- Law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties in response to a request for information relating to a criminal investigation, alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you or any other sellers.com.ng shop user to legal liability. The personal information we disclose may include your User ID and User ID history, name, city, county, telephone number, email address, fraud complaints and other history or anything else that we deem relevant.
- Other agencies in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity, as we in our sole discretion believe necessary or appropriate, either under confidentiality agreement or as required by law. In such circumstances, we may disclose name, street address, city, phone number, email address and company name.
For any competition we use the data to notify winners and advertise our offers. You can find more details where applicable in our participation terms for the respective competition.
Third Parties and Links
No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing
We and our users do not tolerate spam. Make sure to set your Sellers.com.ng. Communication preferences so we communicate to you as you prefer. You are not licensed to contact other Sellers.com.ng users without their express consent. To report Sellers.com.ng related spam or spoof emails, please email us. You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would breach our User Agreement.
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not disclose your sellers.com.ng password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify sellers.com.ng at the earliest opportunity and change your password.
There are appropriate security measures which has been put in place to prevent unlawful access, accidental destruction, loss, or damage to your information. When collecting data through sellers.com.ng, we collect your detailed information on a secure server. Firewalls are used on our servers. As we electronically collect payment card details, we use encryption by using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) coding. While 100% security cannot be guaranteed, this makes it difficult for your details to be decrypt by hackers. We strongly recommend you not to send full details of your debit or credit card in unencrypted electronic communications while dealing with us. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection
All your details are stored on our servers. We handle data like an asset which must be protected. We use series of tools encryption, passwords, physical security, etc. to protect your detailed information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you may know, that third parties could unlawfully access transmissions or intercept private communications, other users could abuse or misuse your personal information which they collect through the site. Therefore, though as we strive very hard in order to protect customer’s privacy, we cannot guarantee the privacy of your personal communications and information.